Scientific library

Hasmik Adamyan

Head

Contacts

  • 74 Teryan Str.,0009, Yerevan, RA
    II building
  • (+374) 12 52-39-57, int. 2-48
  • library@anau.am

History

Library of Armenian National Agrarian University is the only agrarian library of the Republic of Armenia. Library of Armenian  Agricultural Institute was established with two shelves of books and 122 readers in 1931. In 1994 Library of AAI and Library of Yerevan Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sanitary Institute were unified, in result scientific library of Armenian Agricultural Academy was created.
Today ANAU Library offers 150000 books and more than 564000 professional, public-political, fiction, informational literature and periodicals, typed and digital book collections raising the effectiveness of academic and scientific processes. Valuable ancient rare books are being saved in the Library.
In recent years by V. Melkonyan, Director of Information Technologies Center, and L. Vardanyan, head of library replenishment and developing division, efforts KOHA library Software was applied. In result e-directory and readers’ electronic service were created. Meantime digitalization works of modern literature started.

In order to internationalize the scientific work of the faculty, an analytical descriptions of their scientific articles are implemented in KOHA program and electronic versions of descriptions are being installed.
Due to university administrative staff support and devoted work of library staff ANAU Library is one of the best modern libraries of the Republic. Works are being carried out at two divisions of the library; service, replenishment and development divisions. There are four reading rooms, stack of books and a press hall at the library. E-reading rooms allow readers to use digital books, scientific and educational sources, and electronic databases.