Chair of Plant Growing Product Processing Technology
In 1930 at the same time with the Faculty of Agronomy, the Faculty of Horticulture was established in the Agricultural Institute. The major subjects of Viticulture, Fruit Growing and Vegetable Growing were formed in the Chair of Horticulture.
Taking into considerations the demands of the national economy of the Republic, the Horticultural Faculty also trained wine-making and canning engineers. In 1972 the Chair of Wine-making and canning was founded, and in 1997 began to train specialists in bread, confectionery, macaroni production technology. Currently the acting head of chair is V. Yavruyan.
The lecturers of the chairs are engaged in scientific research and pedagogical-methodological activities. During the recent 10 years more than 40 methodical instructions, 4 monographs and over 120 scientific articles were published; new educational criteria were elaborated for 3 specialties, and over 25 invention patents of the RA. Now the chair is carrying out scientific research work concerning different sorts of crab tea plants, trying to solve the technological problems on their mixtures and making bouquets. The elaboration of the technology of wasteless production in foodstuffs industry is also made.
The chair has 4 specialized laboratories, where practical trainings of majors and research work by Master’s and Post graduates are carried out. The students’ practical trainings are held in leading factories and companies.
The chair cooperates with Krasnodar Agricultural Production Preservation and Processing scientific-experimental Institute and Industrial University of Belarus after Mogilyov.
Head of chair is Simonyan Nune - candidate of sciences, docent
- Yavruyan Vardan - doctor of sciences, professor
- Aghajanyan Zhirayr - candidate of sciences, docent
- Nazaryan Aram - candidate of sciences, docent
- Ter-Movsesyan Hasmik - candidate of sciences, docent
- Gasparyan Gayane - candidate of sciences, docent
- Hovhannsiyan Gayane - candidate of sciences, docent
- Petrosyan Anna - candidate of sciences, docent
- Kostandyan Karine - candidate of sciences, docent
- Stepanyan Romik - candidate of sciences, docent
- Mkhitaryan Heghine - candidate of sciences, docent
- Muradyan Zaruhi - candidate of sciences, docent
- Gomtsyan Epraksia - candidate of sciences, docent
- Petrosyan Susanna- candidate of sciences, docent
- Karapetyan Narine - candidate of sciences, lecturer
- Avetisyan Varsenik - candidate of sciences, lecturer
- Samvelyan Lilia - candidate of sciences, assistant
- Fahratyan Aghavni - candidate of sciences, lecturer
- Hovhannisyan Narine - candidate of sciences, lecturer
- Yavruyan Naira - candidate of sciences, lecturer
- Javadyan Hripsime - assistant
- Ghazaryan Lusik - leading specilaist
- Hovsepyan Stella - senior laboratory assistant
- Edigaryan Armine - senior laboratory assistant
- Khachatryan Lusine - senior laboratory assistant
- Vardanyan Mery - junior laboratory assistant
"Preservation and Processing Technologies of Plant Growing Products", "Basics of Branch Biotechnology","General technology of Concentrating Technologies", "Technology of Bread, Confectionary and Macaroni", "Wine Technology", "Canning and Food Desease Technology","Chemistry of Bramch", "Refrigiratory Technology", "Drying Technologies", Technology of Branch Enterprises", "Quality Control and Security of Plant Origin Products", Expertise and Certification of Plant Origin Product", "Quality Management Systems", "Technology of Infant Food".
ANAU, I building, room #105
Tel: (37412) 56 04 24, 3-86